- Can I vote for you if I’m registered as a Democrat? (or a Republican, Independence, Working Families Party, Green, Reform Party, Tea Party, Conservative, Constitutionalist, or any other party…or even no party at all?)
- No matter what party you are currently registered for, you can vote for Larry Sharpe and Andrew Hollister on November 6, 2018. If you are a Republican, you can vote for Larry Sharpe. If you are Democrat, you can vote for Larry Sharpe. If you are registered as Reform Party, Working Families Party, “Other” or any other party, you can vote for Larry Sharpe.
- However, you MUST be registered to vote. You can register online here: https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
- Is there anything I need to do to vote in November?
- Yes, you need to be registered to vote by no later than Friday, October 12th. You can register online here: https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
- This site also contains voter eligibility requirements.
- I’m not sure if I’m registered. How can I find out?
- Check your registration status here: http://www.elections.ny.gov/
- Where do I go to vote for you?
- You need to go to the polling place for your address. Check your polling location here: http://www.elections.ny.gov/
- I changed my party to Libertarian on my voter registration, but it says, “Other”. Will my vote still count?
- Yes, no matter what party your registration says, you can vote for Larry Sharpe and Andrew Hollister.
- Someone said Larry Sharpe is not on the ballot. Do I need to write you name in to vote for him?
- Larry Sharpe and Andrew Hollister will be on the ballot like all candidates running for Governor of NY. When you get your ballot, just look for Larry Sharpe and Andrew Hollister, no matter what party you are currently registered with.
- There’s a period of time from July 10th through August 21st where we need to collect signatures to ensure that they get on the ballot. Volunteer to help collect signatures here: https://lpnewyork.org/petitioning-volunteers/
- Do I have to vote for only Libertarians in all races for my community if I vote for you?
- No, you can vote for Larry Sharpe for Governor and Andrew Hollister for Lt. Governor on the Libertarian line, and anyone else you want to vote for in other races on the other party lines.
- For each race, you can only vote for as many people as that race allows. For example, if you vote for Larry Sharpe for Governor, you can’t also vote for someone else for Governor.
For more information about registering to vote, read this site carefully: https://www.dmv.org/ny-new-york/voter-registration.php